6. Schedule your exam with Pearson VUE (online or call center).
SCHEDULE THE CIA EXAM
- Create Profile at Pearson VUE
- 7 screens
- Approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Go to Pearson VUE’s website (www.pearsonvue.com/iia/) and
click on the “Schedule a Test” link
- Click on the “Create a new web account” to begin
filling out the required information (SEE BELOW)
- Complete the required fields (including The IIA Candidate ID found
in your confirmation order from The IIA). Once you have entered all
necessary information, click “Next” in order to continue
your application (SEE BELOW).
- Complete the required information in the Contact portion of the
Pearson VUE account creation process. Then click the
“Next” button to continue your application
- At the Username screen, enter your desired Username into the
provided field, and click the “Check Availability”
button to ensure that your desired Username is not already in use by
another candidate (SEE BELOW).
- The system will alert you if your desired Username is available. If
it is already being used by another candidate, you will need to try
another Username until you find one that is not currently in use.
After you have found an available Username that is easy for you to
remember, click the “Save Profile” button to proceed
- You will now be at the Confirmation screen for your new Pearson VUE
account creation process (SEE BELOW). This
page notifies you that you will receive an email (within 1 business
day) at your provided email address with your username and password
- Schedule Exam at Pearson VUE
- 10 screens
- Approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Go to Pearson VUE’s website (www.pearsonvue.com/iia/)
and click on the Schedule a Test link in the link menu on the right.
Log in to your account with the Username you chose and the password
provided to you in your Pearson VUE account confirmation email
(SEE 1.C AND 1.D ABOVE).
- When you first log in, Pearson VUE will request that you change
your password from their provided password to something to help
safeguard your privacy (SEE BELOW).
- On the next screen, Pearson VUE requires you to create answers for
two provided Security Questions of your choice. These will be used
later to help safeguard your account from any unauthorized use. Once
you have provided answers to the two questions of your choosing,
click the “Next” button (SEE BELOW)
- The next screen will confirm that you have successfully created
security questions in accordance with Pearson VUE's guidelines.
Click the “Next” button to continue to your account
- You are now ready to actually schedule the exam with Pearson VUE.
To do so, you are required to proceed through a series of screens to
schedule your exam appointment specifics.
- Select the exam part you want to schedule by selecting the
checkbox next to your desired part (SEE BELOW)
- Select the language in which you will take the part, and
click the “Next” button (SEE BELOW)
- Find a test center based on the address provided at profile
creation. This information should automatically be filled in
on this screen. Click the “Search” button to list
nearby test centers (SEE BELOW).
- Select up to four test centers to view available appointment
dates and times. You may choose a test center by clicking the
corresponding checkbox next to its name
- Once you choose a test center, its name will be
displayed under the "Selected Test Center" heading. When
you have made your selection(s), click the "Next" button
to continue (SEE BELOW).
- Select your desired appointment from the available dates at
you testing center. Choose the month and year in which you
will sit for the exam, and Pearson VUE will show all available
dates for your test center within that month. Select a date on
the calendar to show the appointment times available on that
date at your test center. Once you have chosen a satisfactory
date and time, click "Select Appointment"
- From this screen, you may continue scheduling exam parts or
click "Next" to continue. Be sure to review the information
presented in the yellow box, as it contains your exam and
appointment information (SEE BELOW).
- Review your contact information to ensure that you have the
correct phone number and address for yourself and the correct
time, date, and location for your test. Once you are sure your
contact information is correct, click the "Next" button to
continue (SEE BELOW). If any information
needs to be updated or changed, just click the "update your
profile" link provided.
- On the appointment details page, click the "check-in and
reschedule/cancellation policies" link, which will open a new
window/tab (SEE BELOW).
- Print out the policies document and save it so you are
prepared for the check-in procedures and cancellation policies
of Pearson VUE (SEE BELOW).
- Back on the previous screen (after closing the policies
document window/tab), click the checkbox to signify that you
agree with the aforementioned policies. Click on the "Confirm
Order" button to complete your exam application
- You are now officially scheduled to take a part or parts of
the CIA exam! This final screen is your receipt. Print this
page to keep for your records (SEE BELOW)
- Receive an email confirming your payment and restating your
appointment details. The email also contains the rules and
procedures of your testing center as well as directions to get
there. Print out this email and bring it with you to the
testing center on exam day.
Candidates may also schedule their exam via phone at 888-804-7327. Gleim strongly recommends using the website,
however, for ease and speed.