As you may have noticed, the month of March generated a lot of CPA Exam activity. First, NASBA announced a ten-day testing window extension that starts in June and new transitional credit rules. Now, the 2016 CPA Exam news continues with additional score release dates, resulting from the testing window extension, and the release of the Q1 pass rates for the 2016 CPA Exam.
Additional Score Release Dates
The ten-day extension of the testing windows into the third month of each quarter (effective until the launch of the 2017 CPA Exam) necessitated the additional score release dates that the AICPA recently posted. These additional score release dates have effected the following changes to the Q2 (April/May) testing window:
- The target release date of scores for candidates who tested on or before April 20 is now May 5.
- The target release date of scores for candidates who tested on or before May 31 is now June 8.
- If the AICPA received the examination files from Prometric by 11:59 pm on June 11 for candidates who tested on or before June 10, these candidates can expect to receive their scores as early as June 21.
- If the AICPA received the examination files from Prometric by 11:59 pm after June 11 for candidates who tested on or before June 10, these candidates can expect to receive their scores as early as June 24.
Q1 Pass Rates
The first round of pass rates for the 2016 CPA Exam were published in late March.
We have made the following observations:
- Every section but REG showed improvement over the 2015 CPA Exam Q1 pass rates.
- BEC continued to surpass all the other sections by boasting pass rates above 50%.
- The Q1 pass rates for BEC in 2016 were higher than those of the last four years.
- Despite the increase in content, FAR pass rates for Q1 2016 jumped above those of Q4 2015.
- Q1 pass rates for FAR seem to be inching back up since declining in 2014.
- AUD and REG have maintained consistent pass rate percentages in the mid to upper 40s for the past five years.
If the recent trend of pass rates rising in Q2 and Q3 continues, 2016 could conclude with some very impressive pass rates as current CPA Exam candidates commit to passing before the release of the 2017 version of the exam.
More 2016 CPA Exam News
To help you prepare for every change to come on the CPA Exam and achieve your own extraordinary pass rates, Gleim CPA Review always updates study materials and shares the latest information with candidates. Receive more 2016 CPA Exam news and special offers on CPA exam prep from Gleim CPA Review by signing up for CPA emails today!