Question: What can I bring to the CPA Exam? Is there anything prohibited?
Answer: Prometric has very strict rules regulating what you can and cannot bring to the CPA exam. A standardized environment is necessary to ensure that the examination you take is essentially equivalent to the examination all other candidates take. For this reason, all candidates must follow the same regulations.
- Papers, books, food, or purses are not allowed in the testing room.
- Eating, drinking, or use of tobacco is not allowed in the testing room.
- Calculators, personal digital assistants, or other computer devices are not allowed in the testing room.
- Communication devices (e.g., cell phones, pagers, beepers, wireless Internet connections to personal digital assistants) are not allowed in the testing room.
- Recording devices (audio and video) are not allowed in the testing room.
- You must not leave the testing room without the permission of the test center staff.
- You must show your identification to the staff to re-enter the room after any breaks.
- You may not access your locker during any break.