§ 91.1607 – Special Federal Aviation Regulation No. 113—Prohibition Against Certain Flights in the Simferopol Flight Information Region (FIR) (UKFV) and the Dnipropetrovsk Flight Information Region (FIR) (UKDV).
(a) Applicability. This Special Federal Aviation Regulation (SFAR) applies to the following persons:
(1) All U.S. air carriers and U.S. commercial operators;
(2) All persons exercising the privileges of an airman certificate issued by the FAA, except when such persons are operating U.S.-registered aircraft for a foreign air carrier; and
(3) All operators of U.S.-registered civil aircraft, except where the operator of such aircraft is a foreign air carrier.
(b) Flight prohibition. Except as provided in paragraphs (c) and (d) of this section, no person described in paragraph (a) of this section may conduct flight operations in the following specified areas of the Simferopol FIR (UKFV) or the Dnipropetrovsk FIR (UKDV)—
(1) Operations within the Simferopol FIR (UKFV) are prohibited from the surface to unlimited, north and northeast of a line drawn direct from SOBLO (431503N 362298E) to DOLOT (434214N 332819E), direct to SOROK (440628N 324260E), then direct to OTPOL (452738N 313064E). This prohibition applies to airway M747.
(2) Operations within the Dnipropetrovsk FIR (UKDV) are prohibited from the surface to unlimited, east of a line drawn direct from ABDAR (471802N 351732E) along airway M853 to NIKAD (485946N 355519E), then along airway N604 to GOBUN (501806N 373824E). This prohibition applies to airways M853 and N604.
(c) Permitted operations. This section does not prohibit persons described in paragraph (a) of this section from conducting flight operations within either flight prohibition, as described in paragraph (b) of this section under the following circumstances:
(1) Operations are permitted within the flight prohibition area of the Dnipropetrovsk Flight Information Region (FIR) (UKDV), as described in paragraph (b)(2) of this section, to the extent necessary to takeoff and land at the following three airports, subject to the approval of, and in accordance with the conditions established by, the appropriate authorities of Ukraine:
(i) Kharkiv International Airport (UKHH);
(ii) Dnipropetrovsk International Airport (UKDD); and
(iii) Zaporizhzhia International Airport (UKDE).
(2) Operations are permitted within the flight prohibition areas described in paragraph (b)(1) or (2) of this section provided that such flight operations are conducted under a contract, grant, or cooperative agreement with a department, agency, or instrumentality of the U.S. Government (or under a subcontract between the prime contractor of the department, agency, or instrumentality and the person described in paragraph (a) of this section) with the approval of the FAA, or under an exemption issued by the FAA. The FAA will consider requests for approval or exemption in a timely manner, with the order of preference being: first, for those operations in support of U.S. Government-sponsored activities; second, for those operations in support of government-sponsored activities of a foreign country with the support of a U.S. Government department, agency, or instrumentality; and third, for all other operations.
(d) Emergency situations. In an emergency that requires immediate decision and action for the safety of the flight, the pilot in command of an aircraft may deviate from this section to the extent required by that emergency. Except for U.S. air carriers and commercial operators that are subject to the requirements of 14 CFR part 119, 121, 125, or 135, each person who deviates from this section must, within 10 days of the deviation, excluding Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays, submit to the responsible Flight Standards office a complete report of the operations of the aircraft involved in the deviation, including a description of the deviation and the reasons for it.
(e) Expiration. This SFAR will remain in effect until October 27, 2020. The FAA may amend, rescind, or extend this SFAR as necessary.
(1) The Simferopol FIR (UKFV) is defined as that airspace from the surface to unlimited within the following lateral limits:
465800N 0360000E-463500N 0364200E-
463424N 0372206E-452700N 0364100E-
452242N 0364100E-451824N 0363524E-
451442N 0363542E-451218N 0363200E-
450418N 0363418E-445612N 0363636E-
443100N 0364000E-424400N 0361600E-
424700N 0340000E-424800N 0320000E-
424800N 0310000E-424800N 0304500E-
434100N 0303200E-441000N 0302512E-
441500N 0302400E-444600N 0300900E-
445447N 0300448E-445230N 0302130E-
445848N 0303342E-451530N 0310642E-
452436N 0312500E-453828N 0315311E-
454436N 0320548E-455442N 0322700E-
460730N 0325430E-464600N 0325300E-
474400N 0330300E-472700N 0344800E-
470630N 0355500E-465800N 0360000E
(2) The Dnipropetrovsk FIR (UKDV) is defined as that airspace from the surface to unlimited within the following lateral limits:
511400N 0342700E-504942N 0341300E-
502043N 0335720E-501246N 0335307E-
491848N 0333700E-485700N 0332200E-
484118N 0324431E-483620N 0324010E-
483128N 0323605E-482300N 0323900E-
480730N 0325324E-474600N 0325000E-
474400N 0330300E-472700N 0344800E-
470630N 0355500E-465800N 0360000E-
463500N 0364200E-463424N 0372206E-
463930N 0372518E-464700N 0373000E-
465900N 0382000E-470642N 0381324E-
then along state boundary until point/-511400N 0342700.