Contact Us : 800.874.5346 | International: +1 352.375.0772
Contact Us : 800.874.5346 | International: +1 352.375.0772

Promoting Your Credentials

Question: Once I receive passing scores on the SEE exam and become an EA, how will I promote my new credentials?

Answer: It is important to let others know about your EA designation in a clear and concise manner. First you must tell your peers what you are now qualified to do:

Advise, represent before the IRS, and prepare tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, estates, trusts, and any entities with tax-reporting requirements. Enrolled Agents’ expertise in the continually changing field of taxation enables them to effectively represent taxpayers audited by the IRS.

Then, you must make sure they understand the difference between Enrolled Agents and other tax professionals:

Only Enrolled Agents are required to demonstrate to the IRS their competence in matters of taxation before they may represent a taxpayer before the IRS. Unlike attorneys and CPAs, who may or may not choose to specialize in taxes, all Enrolled Agents specialize in taxation. Enrolled Agents are the only taxpayer representatives who receive their right to practice from the U.S. government (CPAs and attorneys are licensed by the states).

Related Posts