You must register for the EA exam prior to scheduling your appointment. To register choose one of the three below options.
1. Online: a one-step process. Completing Form 2587 Online is considered an express registration; it is the only way to register and schedule an examination in the same day. To register and schedule an examination Online, follow these steps:
- Access www.prometric.com/irs and click Register/Schedule an examination.
- Click Online Registration and Scheduling and follow the prompts.
- If it’s your first time, click Create Account to set up your user ID and password.
- Complete the registration process by clicking on Scheduling.
NOTE: You do not need to schedule your exam at the time of registration, but Gleim recommends to schedule your exam at this time to ensure you get a convenient date and time. It is also good to have a goal set to prevent candidates from procrastinating.
2. By fax to 800-347-9242
- Fax your completed Form 2587 to Prometric at 800-347-9242.
- Wait one full calendar day before scheduling an examination appointment.
3. By mail
- Mail your completed Form 2587 to Prometric Attn: IRS Special Enrollment Examinations 1260 Energy Lane St. Paul, MN 55108
- Wait 6 to 10 calendar days for delivery and processing before scheduling an examination appointment.
Applicants must complete Form 2587 in its entirety. Once registered, the examination must be taken within one year.
All candidates must first register for and receive their PTIN before they can register for the exam. The IRS also requires a user fee at the time of registering for your PTIN. Click here for information on receiving your PTIN.